Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Katakana literary work: Haiku

さむいデイ
たくさんのテスト
ムズカシイ

I used the loan words デイ (day), and テスト (test)  in Katakana. I emphasized the adjective むずかしい in Katakana because of difficult tests in the winter. I am referencing Final examinations during the winter.

アタタカイ
おおきいエアコン
スースーー

Here, I am emphasizing あたたかい in Katakana to reference Summer. Then I use a loan word  エアコン (air conditioner), followed by an onomatopoeia スースーー which is the sound effect of air breeze.

ふゆやすみ
ヤケビタイ山
シガコゲン

Again, I am referencing to Winter from ふゆやすみ. Then, I mention the name of a mountain, ヤケビタイ山 located in Japan in Katakana to make it stand out rather than writing it in Hiragana. It is followed by another use of Katakana emphasis, シガコゲン which is the name of a ski resort located at ヤケビタイ山.

4 comments:

  1. はいくがすきです!I can relate to the first one especially. For the second one I like the use of the onomatopoeia the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. テストはむずかしいです。

    I can relate to the first as well. Hate finals week. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good! I like the variety of subjects that you touch upon. The air condition one is particularly good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy the use of emphasis in your haikus. I agree with Amanda, the second one is great!

    ReplyDelete